Monday, August 12, 2013

Medical Intuition ... the Easy Way

One of the greatest teachers I have ever worked with is Christine Lang. She just wrote a fantastic book about being a medical intuitive. Knowing Christine, I was expecting it to be good, but have you ever noticed that "good" when it comes to spiritual books feels so .... well, heavy. Hard to read. Difficult.

Mark Twain once said that he never wanted to write a classic because classics are books that everyone wants to say that they've read but no one actually wants to read. Well, we've got to come up with some kind of saying like that for spiritual books - the kind of books you know you should read but absolutely dread reading.

Well, Christine's book was even better than I expected, which is saying a lot because it's the opposite of the "classic" spiritual book. Easy, clear, and totally applicable to every day life. Ever since Anatomy of the Spirit (by Carolyn Myss) -- a true classic as defined above -- books about medical intuition tend to be written by nurses and PhD's and are frankly like torture to read. I'm still waiting on the college credits for having read Carolyn Myss ... as well as reimbursement for the migraine medication.

By way of contrast, Christine's book is honest, funny, and easy to read and understand. And, as I said earlier, applicable to your daily life. As such, since reading her book, I've been focusing on how our Spirit's communicate through physical symptoms. I have a whole stockpile of stories waiting to blog, but .... my work life seems to be sucking the life out of me.

Speaking of which, I had the doozy of all symptoms/messages last week. Wednesday or Thursday of last week, I lost control of my right thumb. Lost. Control. It was shaking so badly that I couldn't do anything with it.

I should clarify that I use a trackball mouse where I operate the ball part with my right thumb. So, no thumb, no work - day job and blogging. It scared the hell out of me! It still does. I've never lost control of a body part like that ... well, except when skiing or doing yoga .... you know, when I was asking my body to do something stupid and ridiculous and impossible or something NO ONE SHOULD EVER DO and then there's yoga. But I digress.

My shaking thumb was a wakeup call about how much work I've been doing. I know that things like that can happen from too much repetitive stress, but I think it was a big message to pull back, which I have.

There will always be impossible deadlines and fucktards who impose them. There is no getting around it in IT; it's fucktard central after all.

For years, I have struggled with how to handle it. Saying, "My workload is too heavy" doesn't matter when everyone works 12 hours a day. Say it and you're the problem. My approach has been to work to the point where I can sleep at night and pray that the deadline slips ... because it always slips.

I don't know anyone who handles it well.

For now, I slacked off on Friday big time. I worked an hour on and an hour off, so I could ice my shoulder and hand. I bought a big monitor to help with the slouching and need to rearrange my desk to be better for my arms.

It was a huge wake-up call from my Spirit that I needed.

And go buy Christine's book!

No comments:

Post a Comment