Thursday, June 13, 2013

Positive Signs

A good friend of mine just sent me a really thoughtful email informing me that if I'm going to assert my right to be negative and spiritual then I shouldn't be surprised if some people respond negatively. And, you know what?

She was totally right!

I just never thought of it that way. Her email seems like the perfect segue-way to record a beautiful experience that I had today.

As I've recorded I just started working this week after four months off ... well, being unemployed. It's hard to describe unemployed time off as ... time off. "Time off" sounds like a vacation and that's not how being unemployed feels ... most of the time.

Anyway, I got a paycheck today! I agreed to volunteer before my official start date because my official start date involves a business trip ... that I need to prepare for!

I'm going in for what I thought was my first volunteer day tomorrow ... and they already paid me for it! The 15th of the month is coming up, so they must have submitted it in time for the service to cut a check.

As I was walking out to my car this morning (after receiving the check), I saw this beautiful tiny white feather floating in front of me. It was just suspended slowly in front of me for what seemed like ... ever and I was struck suddenly by the beauty of it all and how grateful I am.

What a beautiful sign. Thank you Angels!!




See, I can be positive ... when I mean it! :D <3

No comments:

Post a Comment