Friday, May 31, 2013

OH! EM! GEE!

Setting up a blog is truly a pain in the ass. As a technical writer by trade, I cannot express how much it galls me to see a setup this bad and help with no instructions.

How can you have help with no instructions?

Easy, let the Dbags in marketing review your work, tell you it's too long, and try to pitch features and bullets, which they then force you to put in the instructions. What you wind up with is a help page that contains the following sentence:

"Google+ pages interact in the Google+ world similar to the way that regular Google+ profile owners do"

Uhhh.... which means what exactly? I have set up a page and I can't seem to do anything with either of them ... even track comments. I can't even figure out how to tell people there's a new post.

Thinking about all this is giving me PTSD. See why I needed a spiritual path?

No comments:

Post a Comment